Article VI – Meetings
Association Officer’s meetings – The Association’s Officers will meet a minimum of four (4) times per year. Two of these meetings may be part of the General Association’s meetings. All Officers are required, upon notification from the President, to attend these predetermined quarterly meetings. Special meetings may be called at any time by the President or by a 2/3 majority of the Officers. Officers will supply as much notice as possible to any Officer requiring their attendance at such meetings. A simple majority of the Officers shall constitute the quorum necessary to conduct business. A record of meeting will be maintain by the Secretary and disseminated to the Association as necessary;
General Association meetings:
- PRE-SEASON PLANNING MEETING I - (October-November): MANDATORY for ALL Accredited Program Commissioners (Or a designated representative) - There shall be a pre-season planning meeting of the General Association. All Accredited programs are required to attend. This meeting will be available for the installation of Association Officers. This meeting will establish protocol for the upcoming Spring lacrosse season and conduct any other necessary business of the Association. A schedule of events will be created and particular matters of interest involving Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks will be established. A representative from Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks will be in attendance.
- ASSOCIATION OFFICER’S MEETING WITH ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION AND PARKS - (Immediately following the Pre-season Planning Meeting I): The Association’s President will schedule a meeting with Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks in November to discuss AACYLA’s start of the season, referees, discipline, sanctions, and Accredited Programs.
- PRE-SEASON PLANNING MEETING II - ( February - March): MANDATORY for ALL Accredited Program Commissioners (Or a designated representative) – This meeting will define seasons parameters as discussed in Pre-Season Planning I meeting and the initial meeting with Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks;
- Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks will conduct a MANDATORY coaches meeting in MARCH. THIS IS A MANDATORY MEETING FOR ALL COACHES. All coaches must attend. Commissioners of Accredited Programs will supply the Association President and Association Secretary with an e-mail which coaches were in attendance. Also, contained in this e-mail will be a certification from the Commissioner that any coaches missing the Coaches Meeting have received this information. The Secretary will record all e-mails. This meeting will be attended by all commissioners of Accredited Programs, a representative of the referee’s association and a representative from Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks;
- IN SEASON REVIEW/PLAYOFFS (May) – This is a MANDATORY meeting for all Accredited Program Commissioners (Or a designated representative). Discussions conducted at this meeting should center on the progression of the season and the proper handling of playoffs/tournaments;
- During the Month of June, Association Officers will conduct a “Post Season” meeting. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss the past season and draft preliminary changes necessary to develop growth in the Association. The Association’s Officers will determine who is necessary to attend this meeting;
- The President has the authority to call any Special Meetings of the General Association or at the written request of any Accredited Program Commissioner. The President has the authority to honor this meeting request;
- All mandatory meetings of the Association require a two week notification process. E-mail notification is acceptable;
- All meetings, except emergency/special meetings, will be posted on the Association’s website and e-mailed to all Accredited Program Commissioners. All meetings, except for emergency/special meetings, will be sent to Accredited Program Commissioners two weeks prior to the meeting taken place. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF An Accredited PROGRAM COMMISSIONER TO FIND A REPLACEMENT FOR HIS/HER PROGRAM FOR ABSECENCS FOR ALL MANDATORY MEETINGS. All meetings, except emergency/special meetings will be on the Associations calendar of events.